8.03.2006

downshift

And after all of that, I believe I am going to start off on a somewhat lighter note.
Or so it would appear. Do you know what motivational posters are? The black-bordered images of soaring eagles and sunset-lit mountains, with some inspirational word in large capital letters beneath the photo and, beneath that, an enlightened fortune-cookie-esque piece of confucian (pronounced "confusion") wisdom. Quite the fad there for a few years in offices across the nation. Now, have you been to www.despair.com
to see their amusing line of "demotivational posters" which you can order and place on various products. Quite amusing and all too often accurate. Ah, but it gets better, my friends! For I stumbled upon a site which lets you generate your own motivational posters! That's right, upload a photo, write your "word of power", and throw down a caption, and one "digitizing your wisdom, o great one" later, you have your very own piece of wisdom, humor, sarcasm, or just plain vitriol which you can download as an image or even order online as a print (for something like $12). I'm liking this as a possibility for Christmas presents. At any rate, here are the ones I've made so far, mainly with images gleaned from various websites. Enjoy! Or not. If you're offended, I've done my job. Just stop and honestly ask yourself why you're so offended. You might learn something.

No comments: